Accounts Receivable Specialist
This is a contract to hire position in West Houston. The Collector is responsible for managing and collecting on a trade accounts receivable portfolio, with the purpose of maximizing liquidity and free cash flow.
• Average Portfolio size 15M+/ 1500+ invoices. Must have experience in Oil & Gas and/or Manufacturing/B2B/Electronic Billing/Fast paced environment/GET Paid/SAP/High Radius.
• Preferred candidate with experience minimum 3-5 years in collections.
• Ensure timely collection of accounts receivable (3rd party invoices) through regular follow-up with customer AP departments via email and telephone on assigned accounts. Entails sending statements, past due notices, and escalations.
• Collect outstanding invoices, gathering information on invoice disputes, and creating invoice dispute records for distribution and subsequent resolution.
• Input notes in collection system regarding submission, resubmission disputes and approval dates
• Identify delinquent accounts and take action to prevent reoccurrence and/or escalate
to Credit Manager, Sales and Operations as needed
• Recommend uncollectable debit balances for expense write-off, research duplicate and over-payments, submit refund requests to Collections Manager where applicable.
• Review aged credit balances to ensure adherence to the Company’s escheatment policy.