Power BI Developer
This is a 7-month contract onsite in the Houston Energy Corridor.
• Collaborate with local business users to understand business processes, gather technical requirements, evaluate proof of concepts, design, develop and support analytical solutions using Power BI, TIBCO Spotfire, SQL, Python, R, JS, HTML etc.
• Partner with architecture teams to ensure end-user reporting needs are met by the existing data warehouse platform.
• Research, recommend, develop, train functional groups on reporting, data discovery, data science solutions.
• Responsible for developing and implementing the data models for assigned reports, dashboards and business intelligence applications including, but not limited to gathering necessary data requirements, understanding presentation layer needs and developing the semantic layer, analytic views, virtualization layers, logical data models, working with the application DBA’s to implement better physical data models and working with developers on solving challenging and difficult data and data performance issues.
• End to end implementation experience in building analytical solutions using data visualization tools like Power BI, TIBCO Spotfire, Python, R etc.
• Proficient in T-SQL and ability to design efficient queries with a focus on high performing solutions.
• Ideal candidate will have strong Power BI development experience with advanced DAX and SQL skills (at least 5 years of Power BI & SQL).
• Senior level, typically 8+ years of experience.
• Oil and Gas experience, Snowflake is a strong plus.