Social Media Marketing Specialist
This is a contract position onsite in the Houston Medical Center. Only local candidates will be considered. This senior social media specialist focuses on online community development and social media initiatives. This position will work with staff and patients to establish, maintain and improve online communities and communication by leveraging established and emerging social media platforms. The overarching goals of this position will be to interact and acquire patients through positive interactions on social media platforms and the effective engagement of its customers while respecting patient confidentiality and ensuring internal compliance regarding privacy.
• Keen knowledge of online community development strategies and best practices along with the ability to implement these at Texas Children’s by leveraging social media strategies and platforms.
• Must understand how to measure and analyze metrics/data to help build successful social media platforms.
• An expert communicator with savvy online communication skills and display a distinctively friendly and professional voice.
• This candidate must understand the fine line of managing a professional, but effective social media presence.
• Deep knowledge of emerging web trends – social media, user-generated content, blogging, wikis, podcasting, videos, etc. is a must.
• Editorial skills for the coordination, publishing, and follow-up of brand content as it serves the needs of online community members and Hospital.
• Highly skilled in facilitation to successfully engage and manage online detractors in a positive way to promote the optimum outcome
• Excellent administration skills as the role will require the ability to manage and handle system administration such as permissions, content publishing and other “back-end” tools, including CMS platforms.
• Knowledge of Patient/Physician processes and how these processes can be made more efficient via online communities to enhance the customer experience preferred.
• Understanding of social media landscape and application of understanding to online channels. Experience with multimedia production such as video preferred.
Required- Bachelor’s Degree